Submission Guidelines for SLR Journal
SLR invites contributions in the following categories -
1. Long Articles - Between 6,000 - 8,000 words.
2. Short Articles - Between 3,500 - 5,000 words.
3. Book Reviews - Between 2,000 - 3,000 words.
4. Case Notes/ Legislative Comments - Between 1,500 - 2,500 words.
5. Notes from the Field - Notes from the Field are pieces designed to provide a glimpse into a new legal strategy, political initiative or advocacy technique applied in the field, a current problem or obstacle faced in legal reform or development work, or a new issue that has not yet received much attention and needs to be brought to light. For contributions in this category, empirical studies are encouraged.
1. All manuscripts must be submitted in a .doc or .docx format.
2. We allow co-authorship of up to three authors.
3. The manuscript must be accompanied with the author’s biographical information and an abstract of not more than 250 words in separate word documents. All personal / institutional information identifying the author must be removed from the manuscript before submission.
4. For formatting guidelines, please refer to SLR’s style guide. We follow the 4th edn. of the Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) for citations.
While we accept submissions on a rolling basis, manuscripts received before March 15, 2022 will be considered for publication in Volume 18(2) of the Journal.
Contributions to SLR must be made in the electronic form only. Please mail contributions to email@example.com, with the subject ‘Submission for Socio-Legal Review - Volume 18(1)’.
Timeline and Procedure
SLR strives to ensure a speedy and efficient review process. We follow a system of two rounds of internal reviews by the Editorial Board. If approved in both rounds, the manuscript is then subjected to two double-blind peer reviews simultaneously. Authors should be prepared to make suitable changes to their manuscripts as required by the Editorial Board before publication.
In order to ensure a uniform and consistent timeline for the review process, the following timelines have been adopted. Manuscripts and revisions submitted between November 1 - 15, 2021 will receive responses by December 30, those submitted between November 16 - 30, 2021 will receive responses by December 15, and so on.
Conditions of Publication
Please note that manuscripts not conforming to these guidelines may be returned or rejected. While we strive to provide substantive feedback for every manuscript we receive, it may not always be possible to do so, given the large number of submissions. We reserve the right to reject manuscripts without providing substantive feedback.
Please note that in the event that a manuscript submitted to SLR has been submitted and accepted by any other Journal, the author must withdraw their submission from SLR. If SLR accepts the manuscript first, the author must withdraw it for consideration from all other Journals. Failure to do so will lead to removal of the piece for consideration for publication in SLR.